Monday, November 28, 2011

My First Post!!

I have been wanting to write my own blog for a while - have a place to vent and share my thoughts and memories and have something to look back on and reflect to what my life has been like before it completely flies by.

My husband and I have decided that we would like it to no longer just be "us two" and start to fill the rooms of our new house with BABIES. Its funny how I never really saw us being that kind of couple who gets married and instantly rolls out the strollers - but here we are. I am scare sh**less about what comes with the greatness of being a parent but I guess you will never know until you try. Plus, our spare bedroom should really be used for more then just box storage.

Anyways, today is a REALLY boring day. It is the Monday after Thanksgiving and the office is beyond slow. I'm not really complaining too much - I love when it's quiet. But I find days like this just tend to dragg and make it more painful to sit behind a desk. To be honest I have been focusing my day on trying to figure out our new budget. We are trying to pay off all our debt (lovely school loans and those magical cards my husband calls credit cards HAH) before we start adding more. Things I used to take for granted (like buying 3 types of organic rice to have sit in the pantry) will have to come to a screetching halt and I will have to learn how to become *GULP* frugal. This is a task in itself. Growing up I took finances with a grain of salt. I never cared ever. And now that we have bills, mortgages and all that fun stuff  - it is time to join the real world and start living in our means. Any tips you guys have would be GREATLY appreciated.

OH and we just put up the christmas decorations.. It's our first christmas in our house so I'm trying so hard not to go over board with buying every festive decoration in sight lol.





I'll keep you guys posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment